Sunday, October 05, 2008

An American Vampire Lease Purchase Investor





An American Vampire Lease Purchase Investor
By: Claude (Igor) W. Diamond J.D.

Good Evening my desperate homeowner friends !!
Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m with the American Vampire Investor Institute. I was sent here to see if we could do some rewarding business. (Rewarding for me that is). I understand that your home is for sale and your family is in serious financial trouble. Your house is in imminent foreclosure, your credit is ruined and you were laid off from your job 6 months ago with no chance of ever being called back. Your self esteem is shot and you’re flipping burgers and dishing out
french fries to teenagers on the graveyard shift just to keep food on the table.

To make matters worse your boss is 18 years old, has an earring in each nostril and has a major facial complexion problem. Even worse, he has an attitude that makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Campfire Girl™. References, credentials you want. Well, I will have you know that I am a graduate of the prominent
Get-Rich-Quick Institute in beautiful Chocolate Chipley, Florida. I have ridden on the 200 home bus ride tour and have attended the guerrilla boot camps. (The teacher was an actual Guerrilla). I have over 2000 books and CD’s in my bathroom alone. (Some, I have even studied).

Now here’s where I come in with my specialized training ! I can sense your despair and I am here
to suck out all the life blood that is left in you and your home and leave you nothing for my trouble. I will offer no realistic or positive solutions that will help you. I will take the remaining
equity out of your home for my own avaricious needs. I exist for stealing low and selling high. I am after all an American Vampire Investor.

The above is not so far fetched and was written to illustrate the way most investors are trained to make deals happen. This methodology is sure to fail on a long term basis. I just can’t see anyone doing business in this manner and prospering. For starters, it is just too difficult and it does not promote the likelihood of any kind of deal occurring between the buyer, seller or the investor.
The days of being monolithic or one sided in our thinking are over. We must be versatile in our approach to creating income and wealth in properties. We must be problem solvers if we want to be
in this business for the long run. I avoid adversarial Real Estate; I prefer a WiN-WiN type of Attitude ! Here are a few suggestions:

A. Be a Problem Solver Consultant - The Investor with the most solutions or ideas can make the most deals happen in Creative Real Estate. Example: Well Ms. Seller, we could do it this way or perhaps this way, which would you prefer?

B. Empathy - If the seller has problems concerning his or her property (financial, personal, etc.) show some compassion. It’s OK to negotiate the best deal you can, but it’s something else to kick someone when they are down. Be fair !

C. Never Stop Learning - No one has a monopoly on knowledge. Attend seminars where the
trainer really practices what he preaches. Find a knowledgeable Mentor or someone who has made it. Learn all the time; never stop! Ask reasonable questions or try making multiple offers that
present different choices to the seller and which present profitable opportunities for you.

D. Enthusiasm - Nothing beats a good, positive energetic attitude. Be up front and forthright and
carry yourself with the right attitude. Nothing can replace genuine excitement about doing a great or
(even a not-so-great) deal.

E. Honesty - It’s been said, “You can’t cheat an honest person.” Trust between the parties is the
foundation of this principle. Finally: Lose, better yet, never acquire the Vampire Attitude. Be Proactive and Structure your
offers honestly and with fairness to all parties. Every deal cannot be a winner, but you can sure try.
My offers are not always accepted the first time, but I do leave the door open (usually with some Garlic hanging to ward off Lease Purchase Vampires :-)

No comments: